It’s good for our Economy, Environment, and Community.
Buying locally . . .
Is more fun with unique, personalized service. Your merchants get to know our local tastes and select merchandise with the local community in mind. You get personal attention. You feel connected. Pleasanton businesses know our local market and are more responsive to our local market. Customers are merchants’ friends and neighbors.
Keeps dollars in our economy. Spending locally ensures that our sales taxes are reinvested right here in our community. Of every $100 spent at an independently owned Pleasanton store, $46 stays in the community. That makes our city extraordinary!
Ensures our city stays extraordinary and the place to go. Our businesses make us special and give us a strong sense of loyalty for our city. The more unique we are as a community, the more we attract visitors, which benefits everyone.
Is more environmentally friendly. Supporting our local businesses often means you can walk and bike to shop, supporting conveniently located and accessible shops. You get products that are often better-made because our neighbors stand behind them.
This January, California Restaurant Month will celebrate its sixth anniversary with flavor-filled days featuring prix-fixe menus, wine-pairing specials, chef-led events and more at dining establishments across the state.
To celebrate California Restaurant month in the Tri-Valley, the mysterious Secret Somm will build on last year’s buzz by surprising random diners with gifts of local wine and a paid meal tab every weekend January 8-31.
Last year, the Secret Somm gifted more than 30 bottles of wine to restaurant patrons in five cities. These random acts of wine-kindness generated national attention from media outlets such as Good Morning America, Huffington Post, ABC, NBC and CBS News.
Things to know:
- Please keep Secret Somm’s identity anonymous
- Secret Somm will only visit places that serve wine produced in Livermore Valley. Bottles will be ordered from the restaurant’s existing wine list.
- Please share that Secret Somm has arrived at your establishment via social media with photos and/or video of the gift recipients
- Secret Somm always pays the bill (plus gratuity!), so no comps are requested
- Official hashtags: #secretsomm #secretsommca #visittrivalley
Spread the news, and follow the trail of good will-
Some of you may have noticed that the Pleasanton website got a little bit of a re-vamping. We’re excited to unveil it! Much like our city wouldn’t be anything without our community, the website needs your involvement as well. So, that being said, our business owners and anyone that provides a service in Pleasanton are welcome to (and encouraged) to put their business biography and contact information on the site. Once you do, you’ll have access to change it as you like! Whenever submitted, your business or service shows up in our list and is available to anyone visiting the site. If you run into any trouble, please feel free to contact us and we’ll be happy to help.
We look forward to hearing from all of you!
We’re constantly growing — particularly in the dining area.
Perhaps adding your business to our site isn’t something that interests you right away. But we’ve got a few reasons that may sway you:
1. Adding your business means that residents and visitors will be able to easily locate your location, service, or restaurant. This ease of use function encourages users to try new places and that place could be yours!
2. More visibility means more traffic. Adding your business or service to Pleasanton’s site means that your website, service, or restaurant will see more hits and therefore a possible increase in revenue.
3. Joining our online community shows that you’re willing to stay involved with the City of Pleasanton as a whole.
4. And last but not least, we want to see you here! We love our city and our community and we want to see your name on our list.
Get connected and stay extraordinary.