This January, California Restaurant Month will celebrate its sixth anniversary with flavor-filled days featuring prix-fixe menus, wine-pairing specials, chef-led events and more at dining establishments across the state.
To celebrate California Restaurant month in the Tri-Valley, the mysterious Secret Somm will build on last year’s buzz by surprising random diners with gifts of local wine and a paid meal tab every weekend January 8-31.
Last year, the Secret Somm gifted more than 30 bottles of wine to restaurant patrons in five cities. These random acts of wine-kindness generated national attention from media outlets such as Good Morning America, Huffington Post, ABC, NBC and CBS News.
Things to know:
- Please keep Secret Somm’s identity anonymous
- Secret Somm will only visit places that serve wine produced in Livermore Valley. Bottles will be ordered from the restaurant’s existing wine list.
- Please share that Secret Somm has arrived at your establishment via social media with photos and/or video of the gift recipients
- Secret Somm always pays the bill (plus gratuity!), so no comps are requested
- Official hashtags: #secretsomm #secretsommca #visittrivalley
Spread the news, and follow the trail of good will-
The City of Pleasanton, Pleasanton Downtown Association, Visit Tri-Valley, Pleasanton Chamber of Commerce and Hacienda, are excited to work together to encourage the Pleasanton community to not only shop in Pleasanton on November 28, Small Business Saturday, but consider shopping “small” to support our local businesses this holiday season and throughout the year.
Numerous organizations have joined the national campaign, founded by American Express in 2010, declaring the Saturday after Thanksgiving every year as Small Business Saturday. Small Business Saturday is a day dedicated to supporting the small businesses that create jobs, boost the economy and preserve neighborhoods around the country during one of the busiest shopping times of the year. In Pleasanton, small businesses having between 1 and 100 employees provide more than 23,000 jobs.
Pleasanton merchants are encouraged to visit shopsmall.com to obtain tools to market their stores. Shoppers are encouraged to visit inPleasanton.com as well as partner organization websites to discover all of Pleasanton’s retail shopping locations, and visit shopsmall.com to find local merchants that have joined the Small Business Saturday campaign by offering special promotions or discounts.
From the Small Business Saturday Consumer Insights Survey: “According to research by American Express in 2014, consumers spent an estimated $14.3 billion at independent merchants on the day.” And a study of independent retailers that included Pleasanton merchants showed that for every $100 spent at an independently owned store, $46 stays in the community.
The first USDA-certified organic fast food restaurant in the country, The Organic Coup opened its’ doors in Pleasanton on November 10, 2015. The eatery is located at 4825 Hopyard Road near the intersection of Hopyard and Stoneridge. A great addition to the dining options in Pleasanton, The Organic Coup features it’s signature chicken sandwich, a spicy air chilled chicken breast fried in coconut oil with spicy shredded veggies on a toasted artisan bun. All ingredients are organic and you can top the sandwich off with organic sauce choices: Mustard Vin, Spicy BBQ Ranch, Sesame Ginger or Ranch. Other selections include a wrap and bowl. Check out the menu HERE.
The Organic Coup, 4825 Hopyard Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588, (925) 399-6719, www.theorganiccoup.com
Some of you may have noticed that the Pleasanton website got a little bit of a re-vamping. We’re excited to unveil it! Much like our city wouldn’t be anything without our community, the website needs your involvement as well. So, that being said, our business owners and anyone that provides a service in Pleasanton are welcome to (and encouraged) to put their business biography and contact information on the site. Once you do, you’ll have access to change it as you like! Whenever submitted, your business or service shows up in our list and is available to anyone visiting the site. If you run into any trouble, please feel free to contact us and we’ll be happy to help.
We look forward to hearing from all of you!
We’re constantly growing — particularly in the dining area.
Perhaps adding your business to our site isn’t something that interests you right away. But we’ve got a few reasons that may sway you:
1. Adding your business means that residents and visitors will be able to easily locate your location, service, or restaurant. This ease of use function encourages users to try new places and that place could be yours!
2. More visibility means more traffic. Adding your business or service to Pleasanton’s site means that your website, service, or restaurant will see more hits and therefore a possible increase in revenue.
3. Joining our online community shows that you’re willing to stay involved with the City of Pleasanton as a whole.
4. And last but not least, we want to see you here! We love our city and our community and we want to see your name on our list.
Get connected and stay extraordinary.